Thursday, December 6, 2012

Santa Strategies

Today is December 6, 2012. My children do not have the first Christmas present bought for them by us (the parents) yet. We're feeling a financial crunch this month. So, this year, we did not ask our children what they wanted for Christmas, we just observed and listened and feel pretty confident that we can please them. The worst moment happened for us when we took the kids to the movies! We "accidentally" ran into Santa at Malco. He was strategically and annoyingly sitting right beside the side that we had to walk down in order to get to our movie. OF COURSE HE WAS! Crap! I was in full blown panic mode! I was like "oh yay boys, it's Santa - but slurring mumbling word in my head! I was thinking, ok - we'll just get a quick picture and it will be ok. But NOOOO. Santa had to open his big mouth and say "HO HO HO, well boys what do you want for Christmas?" I had the Ghost of Nausea upon me! I kept thinking, Santa - HOW DARE YOU!?!?! I have a quiet system that's working for me thus far - it's none of your business what they want! YOU ARE NOT THE ONE THAT PAYS FOR IT!!! My boys also looked at me like "Ummm, is it ok to say something here, mama?" I gave them a good fake-smile nudge that it's ok to speak despite the fact that I'm about to crumble this popcorn all up in Santa's beard! Blake was the only one that spoke. He said "well, I guess all I want is REST!" I laughed on the inside and was thinking "HECK YES! I CAN AFFORD THAT!" Santa just belly-laughed and said "HO HO HO HA HA HA I don't think anyone's ever asked for that. I politely said "Kids, just get a candy-cane and let's go - we're going to miss the movie!" PHEW! CLOSE CALL! Freaking Santa and his nerve!

1 comment:

  1. LOL and that Santa caught me on my way in too! LOL

    ReplyDelete